BAR HILL PARISH COUNCIL COUNCILLOR VACANCY
COULD YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
ARE YOU ABLE TO SPARE A FEW HOURS TO HELP YOUR COMMUNITY?
As a Parish Councillor you will required to
• be a voice for the Community
• help with the management and maintenance of the Council’s assets (buildings, open spaces, play areas etc)
• attend monthly meetings of the Full Council
• serve on Committees/Working Parties to help decide what activities to support and on what to spend money locally
• be a consultee eg planning applications, health services, transport, and a number of other National, County and District issues and policies
• help with fulfilling the Council’s statutory responsibilities
You will need energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a genuine interest in the future of Bar Hill, and a desire to make improvements for the benefit of our community.
You must be a British and/or commonwealth subject or European national or Ireland and attained the age of 18 years and
a) on that day is and thereafter continues to be a local government elector for the area of the Authority; and/or
b) has during the whole 12 months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the area; and/or
c) his or her principal or only place of work during that 12 months has been in the area; or
d) during the whole 12 months has resided in that area; and/or
e) during the whole 12 months has resided in the Parish or within 4.8km (3miles) of it
free of either a criminal record or bankruptcy (see also Section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972 regarding disqualification)
Please contact the Parish Council office on 01954 780456 or email email@example.com for further information and a pack.
Expression of interest letters to be submitted by 15 July 2019 setting out your interest, skills and abilities to contribute to the role of the Council (approx. 100 words)