A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire: major improvements
Construction work on the new A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon scheme is underway. We are currently carrying out a variety of tasks for which we need to close lanes or carriageways on the A1, A14 and some local roads at times, usually overnight between 8pm and 6am, unless otherwise stated. A clearly signed diversion route will always be in place for closures.
For this week, the planned closures are:
Monday 1 to Friday 5 (five days) 8am – 6pm
• A1307 between Robins Lane, Lolworth and bottom of the ‘jug handle’ Bar Hill/Longstanton exit
Vehicles will be diverted via A14 Swavesey junction 24 and Bar Hill junction 25
Monday 1 to Friday 5 (five nights)
• A1 northbound Brampton Hut exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted north to Alconbury to then use A1 southbound and either continue or exit for access to Brampton Hut roundabout
• A1 northbound Brampton Hut entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted east along A141 and then north at Spittals roundabout to the spur road to re-join the A1 northbound at Alconbury
• A141 eastbound link between New Ellington junction 21 and Brampton Hut roundabout
Vehicles will be diverted east on the A605 at junction 13 then south on the A1(M) to the A605 to re-join the A14 at junction 21
• A14 eastbound Bar Hill junction 25 entry slip
Vehicles will be diverted west to Swavesey junction 24 to access the A14 eastbound
• A14 westbound Bar Hill junction 25 exit slip
Vehicles will be diverted to continue west to Swavesey junction 24 and return on the A14 eastbound to then exit for Bar Hill
• B1049 Bridge Road northbound at Histon junction 32
Vehicles will be diverted via A14 eastbound to Milton junction 33, A10 northbound, Butt Lane, Milton Road, Burgoynes Road and Impington Lane to access Histon & Impington.
• A10 southbound approach to Milton junction 33
Vehicles will be diverted via Butt Lane, Milton Road, Burgoynes Road, Impington Lane and B1049 Bridge Road to access Cambridge or the A14
Saturday 6 6am to Monday 8 6am
• A1307 Huntingdon Road inbound and outbound between Girton J31 westbound entry slip and Cambridge
Vehicles will be diverted via A14 eastbound to Histon junction 32 to access Cambridge
Saturday 6 (one night) 9pm – 8am
• Brampton Road B1514 between station car park and Edison Bell Way
Vehicles on the Huntingdon town centre side will be diverted onto the ring road, Ermine Street B1044 to Spittals roundabout, A141 west to Brampton / Brampton Racecourse junction and into Brampton via B1514. Vehicles on the Brampton side of the closure will follow this diversion in reverse.
For more information about this scheme, visit https://highwaysengland.co.uk/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon-improvement-scheme-home/ , or stay updated by following us on https://twitter.com/a14c2h and https://en-gb.facebook.com/A14C2H/.