BAR HILL PARISH COUNCIL
COULD YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
WOULD YOU SPARE A FEW HOURS A WEEK TO HELP YOUR COMMUNITY?
As a Parish Councillor you will
- be a voice for the Community
- assist with the management and maintenance of the Council’s assets (buildings, open spaces, play areas etc)
- attend monthly meetings of the Full Council
- serve on Committees/Working Parties to help decide what activities to support and on what to spend money locally
- be a consultee eg planning applications, health services, transport, and a number of other National, County and District issues and policies
- assist with fulfilling the Council’s statutory responsibilities
You will need lots of energy and enthusiasm, and have a genuine interest in the future of
Bar Hill, with a desire and the commitment to make improvements
for the benefit of our whole community.
You must be a British and/or commonwealth subject or European national or Ireland and attained the age of 18 years and
- on that day is and thereafter continues to be a local government elector for the area of the Authority; and/or
- has during the whole 12 months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the area; and/or
- his or her principal or only place of work during that 12 months has been in the area; or
- during the whole 12 months has resided in that area; and/or
- during the whole 12 months has resided in the Parish or within 4.8km (3miles) of it
free of either a criminal record or bankruptcy (see also Section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972 regarding disqualification)
Please contact the Parish Council office on 01954 780456 or email email@example.com for further information and a pack by 12 November 2020
Expression of interest letters to be submitted by 19 November 2020 setting out your interest, skills and abilities to contribute to the role of the Council (approx.500 words)